There's five phases in the development of energy markets. Your global energy procurement strategy should stipulate the different approaches per country according to the phase of the market.
- Fully regulated markets: Follow-up tariffs.
- Regulated energy markets with room for manoevre: + Exemptions management / capacity optimization / tariff optimization, etc. + Auto-production.
- Regulated markets with an ongoing deregulation process: + Start exploring the possibilities of the open market (organize energy tenders).
- Premature deregulated markets: + Roll out price management in line with a markets’ possibilities.
- Mature deregulated energy markets: + Roll out full-scale energy price management.
Need more information on the matrix for market deregulation? Fill in the form on the right to receive the video where we discuss it.